Saturday, May 29, 2010

Scrap Pile Saturday Challenge - 30 Minute Card Challenge

Hello Friends! Happy Memorial Day weekend to all of you! Well, it's a nice weekend so far. . .nice and sunny here in California! Traffic is pretty good too. . .why? Everyone headed out of the state, probably all are headed to Vegas! LOL! What are your plans for this weekend? We're probably going to BBQ on Memorial Day. I wish we had the beach closer by. . .in Hawaii, where I'm originally from. . .everyone heads to the beach and bring their hibachi (Japanese style portable grill) with them. . .unfortunately, where I live, the beach is like going on a road trip. . .it's about a 60 mile drive. Besides, I think we'd be the only people with our hibachi. . .I don't think it's even allowed at the beaches here in California. I'm not sure, we've never tried it.

Okay before I explain the challenge for this week. . .let me recap the players of last week's challenge!! It's always wonderful to see someone playing along. Thank you ladies for playing along in my weekly challenge!!

Sheryl of Sheryl's Crafting Corner
Peggy of the Wired Angel
Tracey of My Creative Place

Now to this week's challenge:

30 Minute Card Challenge. The challenge is to create a card within 30 minutes. There's no particular theme. Create your card any way you want to. For some, this challenge is very difficult. The key is to envision how your card will already look in your head before you start to create your card. I use an egg timer to give myself a set time to make a card. I really hate when the timer rings. . .it startles me so I try to work quickly and not get distracted. I usually work more efficiently when I use my egg timer.

Okay, here are the rules:


1. Other than your card/project base, the face of your card MUST be created using ONLY designer paper and card stock from your scrap pile. Do not cut up any new card stock or designer paper. This rule also applies to 3D projects such boxes, bags, etc.

2. Embellishments added to your card MUST be from "opened" packages. Do not open up a new package or roll of ribbon, brads, buttons, etc.



This card was actually a quick an easy card and I did create it within 30 minutes. I used materials that I already had visible around my craft table so I didn't waste my time searching for things. I used my Stampin Up stamp set "A Happy Heart".

I used my Nestabilites die and added the embellishments. That's about it. Quick and simple!!

You're like. . .how could you have created your card within 30 minutes? Well, I already had premade a few ribbon flowers a few days ago so my card was all about sticking the scrapbook embellishments to the card and that's about it. The "notes" panel is from a very old Stampin Up scrap kit that I've had FOREVER! I still have a few stickers left of this scrap kit. My goal is to hopefully use it all some time this year! LOL! For the tutorial to the "ribbon flower": Click Here

Well, I hope you'll play along with me this week. Together, we can get our scrap pile to a reasonable amount and where it's not pouring over and taking up a lot of space in our already over crowded craft room! Ahhh, wouldn't that be wonderful!

Hope y'all have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!!



6 comments:

TRACEY O said...

Lovely cards Maria. I really like the ribbon flower, very pretty.

Unknown said...

Amazing I really love these.

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Maria,i love your papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Little C's Creations said...

Love your cards, Maria! I am going to try and play along, tonight!

Funny that you say that in Hawaii most go to the beach n' BBQ... so sad, not the Youngs, we just hang out and don't do that. When I was younger, my family used to do that all the time, but my hubby just isn't into hauling all the stuffs to the beach, and then we gotta find parking. LOL!!! Tooo much thinking. I wish we'd just BBQ here at home tho', even that is a chore for him. LOL!!! Anyways, going to take my mom to the grave tomorrow, then we're probably going to hang out at her house thereafter.

Have a blessed Memorial Day, and Ihope I can find some time to play along....

Hugs,
Jen

Little C's Creations said...

Ok! I was able to play! Yay!! But I will have to post the image tomorrow am, after it posts, since I have it pre-posting @ 3:30 am tomorrow. But I wanted to say thanks for the challenge. It was fun. i wonder if I can slip in 1 more? I better save it for next week, huh?

Hugs,
Jen

Little C's Creations said...

ok, my card is up... thanks again for the challenge!!

Hugs
Jen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |