Saturday, May 1, 2010

Scrap Pile Saturday Challenge #10

Hello Friends!! Sorry I'm late posting today's Scrap Pile Saturday Challenge! I actually finished the cards earlier today but was side tracked and well, here we are. LOL! Today is apparently National Scrapbook Day. . .well. . .how fun is that? I guess I will need to get crackin' and work on a few layouts!

Anyway. . .as in every week, I'd like to highlight motivated players from the previous week's challenge:

Tracey of My Creative Place
Sheryl of Sheryl's Crafting Corner
Tina of Mommy Scraps Alot
Michelle of Creative Treasures
Gina Marie of Scrapcrazylady
Joan of Scrapmum

Now to this week's challenge

Stamp on Designer Paper! A great way to use up some of your designer papers is to stamp directly on to the designer paper. I love stamping flower images on to designer paper because you don't have to color the image so it cuts the creation time in half! LOL! This week's challenge is to stamp an image or images on a designer paper. You may use any image. That's it. . .no other requirements other than the rules below.

P.S. Try the Easel Card too. . . .its optional. Click Here for the tutorial.

Okay, here are the rules:

1. Other than your card/project base, the face of your card MUST be created using ONLY designer paper and card stock from your scrap pile. Do not cut up any new card stock or designer paper. This rule also applies to 3D projects such boxes, bags, etc.

2. Embellishments added to your card MUST be from "opened" packages. Do not open up a new package or roll of ribbon, brads, buttons, etc.




I decided to use my SU scrap designer paper. I actually have one whole 12x12" paper of each of the designer paper but I also had a bunch of cut up pieces. I'm very stingy when it comes to using up my SU designer series paper because the papers are retired so I'll sort of hoard them. . . even the scrap ones. I really need to stop doing that. It's just that I don't like to run out on any of the retired designer papers because I won't be able to buy them again. Ugggh!

I decided to create an easel card! I had so much fun creating the easel card I posted yesterday so I decided to work on a few more. It's so EASY to create these cards and the best thing about them is they are so fun to make!!


I stamped and heat embossed the SU Rose is a Rose flower image on to the designer paper and smudged ink to parts of the edge of the image. I did the same with the leaves. I cut the images out and layered them on to another piece of designer paper. That's about it!!

Hope you'll play along this week.

Photo of the Day

You're probably wondering what is interesting about this photo that I had to post it. . LOL! Well, I have another cat. .her name is China. She's actually my daughter's kitty. She's the daughter of my cat Dori. . .by the way they have a love-hate relationship. That's a whole other story.

Anyway, there was a time when my cat Dori was an outdoor cat. . .about 6 years ago. Dori was a stray that adopted us 8 years ago and well, I wasn't into indoor cats at that time because I have major allergies. Unfortunately, Dori was injured 6 years ago. . I believe someone shot her with a BB gun. I'm still sad about it. Well since then, Dori is an indoor cat.

China was conceived when Dori was still a freewheeling woman! LOL! Dori had a litter but we gave them away except China. We named her China because when she was younger she was pure white. We couldn't part with all of Dori's litter so we kept one . . the only white one in the bunch.

Okay. .. let me cut to the chase.. . .do you see the string that China is laying on? Well, I don't know but she treats it like a baby or something. She'll carry it around, lay on it, sleep on it. . so bizarre. It's like a security blanket, well in this case a security string. I took the picture of her sleeping with her string. . LOL! Thought it was cute!

Anyway, hope you all have a beautiful Saturday evening!!



5 comments:

Diane said...

I wish I would make beautfiul cards like yours with my scraps!
How stunning Maria!
That is too funny,the cat with a security string!!!

CreativeMish said...

I love the stamping on designer paper idea. That is so funny about the cat and the string! Love it!

Donna said...

How sweet is that with China? Thank you for sharing the story with us. Love, love, love your cards. I love your ability to make them very busy but good looking. I am trying to add more layers to mine!

TRACEY O said...

Grat idea for the challenge Maria. I did play along this week but the link was closed so I couldn't add my card.

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Beautiful card! Love it!

Love your photo of China too - how funny! My 1 old year kitty takes pipe cleaners to bed with her - not the same one each time - and has a bit of a chew of it, then goes to sleep. Funny little creatures aren't they?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |