Thursday, May 6, 2010

My Scrap Chick Shaped Cards and Tab Album

Hello Friends! Wow, I've got a lot of stuff to share today!! How are you all doing with your Mother's Day projects? I wish I was able to create more Mother's Day stuff but call it poor planning which isn't surprising for me. . LOL! I am the "fly by the seat of your pants" sort of person. I leave all the planning to my husband. . .he's a super planner. I'm not exaggerating. Fortunately, he has me to make his life less predictable!

Okay. . .this is a long post so let me get started. Before I begin. All shapes and cuts on my projects were created using myscrapchick.com cutting files. Just letting you know so I don't keep repeating myself.

I decided to create a mini album using the "$1 Tab Album" file for this album. I cut chipboards on my Cricut Expression then cut designer papers to cover the chipboard. I decided to use my "Bind it All" to bind my album. All designer papers used on this album are K&CO. I love their papers. . .the designs are so pretty. The created the pretty label at the front of my album using the $1 Floral Frames file. Isn't it pretty?



I used the "$1 Spring Flower" file to create the pretty layered flowers on my first page. Just a quick story about my album. I created this Mother's Day album for my daughter for Mother's Day. Isn't she supposed to create something for me? Yeah. . .but she's not the crafty sort.

My grandmother adopted me when I was a little girl and I considered her my mother but she passed away several years ago so I don't have a mother to give my Mother's Day album to. Therefore, the next best thing is to give it to my daughter.

The first photo was taken on a whale watching cruise several years ago. I look strange in the photo but I like how my daughter is hugging me so that's the reason I chose that picture. The second photo is a photo of us at my cousin's wedding. It's the only photo I have where we're both dressed up. I'm usually the one taking photos of others so I don't have many photos of me.


The next project are these bee hive cards. This is actually a sneak peek of the Shaped Cards that will be released tomorrow at myscrapchick.com. More shaped cards! Click Here to check them out!! Oooh, how fun! Last week another set was released: Click Here. Be sure to stop by myscrapchick.com tomorrow to check out the new shape cards being released.

I decided to create a fancy bee hive card so with this first card, I used a pretty designer paper. Although it looks like I did a lot of things with this card, all I did was cut the file on to designer paper, drew in the stitches and added the ribbon and sentiment tag. That's basically it but doesn't it look like I worked harder to create this card? LOL! Gotta love that, huh?

With this card, I decided to cut the file on regular card stock to give it a more traditional bee hive look. Again, I drew in the stitches, added a bit of Stickles glitter to the the bee's wings and added the ribbon and sentiment tag.

This second set of cards are also going to be part of the new Shape Cards file set that will be released tomorrow at myscrapchick.com. I decided to create a boy and girl version. The cute animal cuts are from the "Sweet Animal Books" file set. They are actually meant to be used to create mini animal albums but with the myscrapchick.com files, you can basically use the files for any type of projects. They are very versatile!! You just need to use your imagination!

I decided to use "cupcake" designer papers by DCWV for my "baby onsies" shaped cards. This is the girl version of the baby onsies. Creating these shaped cards are so fun! I get a kick creating them because it just brings my card making projects to a different level.

This is the boy version of the baby onsie card. It's the same design as the girl card but using different colors and different animal.

Anyway. . .let me close the post by letting you know that the second set of cute shape cards files will be released tomorrow but if you can't wait to create a few shaped cards, you can play around with the first "Shape Cards" released last week!

Okay that's it!! Hope you all have a beautiful Thursday!!

7 comments:

melissa said...

All the cards and book are wonderful!!! you are so talented :)

lisa808 said...

The hives are adorable!

Nicola said...

I love these cards. Especially the bee hives.

Hugs
Nic

Vivian Lindsay said...

Beautiful!!
My Mom has passed away, but my daughter has just become a Mom. I am so thankful this Mother's Day!!!
Thanks for reminding me!

CreativeMish said...

You've been so busy! Wow! I love all your projects! Especially that little tabbed book.

Brigitte G. from Australia said...

oh my goshhhh !!
the beehive is soooo suuuper cute and looove your tag album !!
simply talented that you are :)

Little C's Creations said...

OMGosh!! So stinkin' cute, girl!!! I want to try these!!!!

Hugs,
Jen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |