Sunday, May 23, 2010

My Scrap Chick Bigger Bag and Flower Combo Gift Set

Hey, hey Friends! Happy Monday! How was your weekend? I had a pretty laid back weekend . . .as most weekends! I did a bit of crafting but not much. I don't craft much on the weekends. There's too many distractions so I try to get something done when I can.

I did manage to make this gift set using myscrapchick.com cutting files. I'm in love with the "Bigger Bag" files. The bags/box files are just so fun to use and create all sorts of different types of bags and boxes. My goal is to use them all at least once. . .:)

Whooooaaa! That's a big flower on your card, Maria! LOL! I know, it is huh? I guess it's the type of card that won't go in an envelope. . .it's possible but more like a packaging envelope. Despite how big it is, I like it on my card.

I created the flower using the "Flower Combo" files. I wish I had the time to create a tutorial of all the different flowers you can create with this files. I created quite a few handmade flowers and all very different. This file set is perfect because of the different flower shapes in this file.


Here is the matching bag using the "Bigger Bag" file set. With this bag I decided to create a purse by putting a lace handle. The flourishes on my card and bag design was created using the "$1 Simple Flourish" file. Isn't it pretty?


Here is a photo of the pretty flower again. Doesn't it look like a carnation? I'm also really into using lace lately. . .I have a bunch of them so don't be surprised to see more of my cards and projects using lace.

This weekend I was going through my craft containers that I store in the garage and looked through a bunch of my rubber stamps and I decided that some time this summer, I'm going to sell a few of them on Ebay. I kept them for so long because I have separation anxiety when it comes to my craft stuff! LOL! But as I was looking through trying to pick out stamps that I wanted to use, I just didn't have the same thrill that I once had when I first bought them. A lot of them are Stampin Up stamps. I just have way to many of them. I don't know. . .I have to think about it but yeah. . . .I don't love them as much as I once did. . . .so letting go may be something I need to do. Sounds like I'm breaking up a relationship! LOL! In some sense, it is, I suppose!

Anyway. . .that's it for today. I hope you all have a beautiful Monday!!!

4 comments:

Alex said...

GORGEOUS girl - WOW!! I am loving that flower, I NEED to know how to make it!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Maria,what a beautiful card and bag,i love your flowers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Anke said...

WOW Maria so beautiful, absolutely stunning, I love the card and the bag.

Anke

Melissa said...

really cute combo! love the flower and all the little details you used!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |