Saturday, April 10, 2010

Scrap Pile Saturday Challenge #7

Hello Friends!!! Happy Saturday! Do any of you subscribe to the Paper Craft magazine. Well, I do. . .I'm not sure exactly why because I rarely look through it. I'll sort of flip through the magazine but that's about it. Not that there isn't any pretty cards in there but I usually just look through blogs or SCS if I need inspirations. I think I subscribed because I received an offer of $19.99 for two years so I decided . .why not? I'm a sucker for any sort of sale or discount!

Okay. . .why am I talking about Paper Craft magazine? Well, I saw a card in the magazine that inspired this week's Scrap Pile Challenge! Yup! I loved the card and the design so I decided to CASE it. Yay!

Before I discuss the challenge, I would like to highlight last week's participant! Linda of Linanna Designs created a beautiful card following the paper bow tutorial I posted last week! Yay!


Now to this week's challenge

Create a card following the sketch below.

Okay, here are the rules:

1. Other than your card/project base, the face of your card MUST be created using ONLY designer paper and card stock from your scrap pile. Do not cut up any new card stock or designer paper. This rule also applies to 3D projects such boxes, bags, etc.

2. Embellishments added to your card MUST be from "opened" packages. Do not open up a new package or roll of ribbon, brads, buttons, etc.

I really had fun creating this card. I especially love the designer paper. Do you notice that it's the same designer paper as last week's challenge?


This card was actually fast and easy to create. All I did was follow the layout and that's about it.

Card Details:

Stamps: Stampin Up
Paper: SEI Designer Paper (I think), SU Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Nestabilities, Prima flower, Cricut Expression, brad



Before I go, I just wanted to let you know that I figured out how to create svg files for Sure Cuts A Lot. It's unbelievable how easy it is. . .I was missing a step in the process when saving my files into svg. So. . .what does that mean. . .well, I now can post svg files and other different file types too. I'm so happy! I can't wait to share more files and templates with you.

Anyway, that's it. Hope you'll play along this week. Together we can decrease the size of our scrap pile. .. you just need to keep at it and when it becomes a habit to use your scraps, you'll see your pile become less and less.

Be sure to link your card below by clicking on the blue "add a link" button!! Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday!!



10 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Love this, Maria! Great design!
Oh I can't wait to get my Cricut Expression and my SCAL program! Sounds like you have so many fun things coming!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Maria. Great colors and lay-out! :o)

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card!

Anonymous said...

Lol, you made me laugh Maria... I too have cheap 2 yr subscription to Papercrafts also, and for exactly the same reasons as yours! Too funny.

Brenda

Ida said...

Love your card! I also subscribe and really enjoy the different projects in the magazine.

dictionar german said...

So cute I just had to sit right down and make one! Thank you Maria >:D<

doris said...

Simply beautiful is your work!!

xox doris

Becky said...

This card is beautiful, love the dp, and the hearts.

SCRAPCRAZY said...

Great sketch! My picture is so dark. I have to work on that;D

Hugs, Gina Marie

TRACEY O said...

Nice card Maria. Love the papers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |