Sunday, April 18, 2010

Gift Sets - Decorative Edge Card and Purse SCUT File and Hand Cut Templates


Hello Friends!! I hope you all are having a glorious Sunday! It's a beautiful day today. I was going to post this earlier this morning but I didn't have time to do it before heading out to church. Yesterday I created two gift sets and even a template for the purse and a decorative edge card base. Yay!

I wanted a tropical look to my gift set so I added the large Prima flowers and a flower made from dried palm leaf. I didn't make it. . .I bought it like that. Don't ask me where I bought it because it's something I bought 4 years ago and recently found in my stash pile! LOL!


Here is the purse I created. I created the template on my SCAL 2 program using the shapes provided on the program. The template isn't perfect but it works. . .:) Try it out! It's a cute purse. The size is dependent on the height and width that you adjust your file on your SCAL 2 program.

Just to let you know, I created the template on the Sure Cuts A Lot 2 program so I'm not sure if you can upload it if you use the original SCAL. I'm sure you can but just warning you if for whatever reason you can't upload it. . that may be the reason.



Click on the image to download the SCUT file for your SCAL2

For those hand cutting the template, I cleaned up the SCUT file image to create the jpeg outline file (meaning, I removed all the background grid and such from the SCAL image), therefore the image isn't exactly perfect looking . . .you'll know what I mean when you print it out (the lines are sort of messy looking in some areas). BUT if you follow the template, you should be able to create a cute purse. Try it out anyway. The second image is the handle of the purse.


Hand cut template - Click on the photo and "save image"


Purse Handle
Hand cut template - Click on the photo and "save image"

Card and Box details:

Stamps: SU Kind & Caring Thoughts
Paper: CTMH card stock (not sure what color), K&Co Designer paper
Accessories: Buttons, embroidery floss, Prima flowers, dry leaf flower, beaded trim, decorative trimming



Here is the second set I created. I created a gift set with the same purse template above as well as a decorative fold card (template and instructions below) To create the butterfly, I used the myscrapchick.com "Layered Butterfly" file. I love this butterfly image. . .stop by myscrapchick.com and check out all the cool files they have. I LOVE all of them! They have a lot $1 files. . .so they are very economical.




I love "romantic" looking cards. . .but I don't create them too often. I usually create cards with "cute" images. I decided I should work on cards and projects that are a little whimsical and romantic looking just to change things up a bit.

Quickie Tutorial for the Decorative Edge Card


  • The score line is dependent on how large you scaled the file on your Sure Cuts A Lot 2 program. I saved the file as a SCUT2. . .so I'm not sure if it works on the original SCAL. You may create any size you want but my card sample is 5.25 x 5.25". Follow the rest of the directions if you want to create that size of a card.
  • I scaled the file to a height of "5.25" and kept the proportion. .. the width adjusted to 7.13".
  • To create a 5.25 x 5.25" card base, I scored the cut shape at 5.25", creating a short fold on the decorative side.
  • To create the liner, cut a designer paper at 5 x 8", adhere the liner to the decorative card base and fold the designer paper following the decorative base score line. This creates the inner fold as shown in my sample.
  • Decorate as desired.



Click on the image to download the SCUT file for your SCAL2 or
Click Here for the SVG file download



Hand Cut template - click on the image and "save image"

  • Before printing, adjust the size as desired. To create a 5.25 x 5.25" card, follow the directions above but adjust the height of image on your photo editor to 5.25" and keep the proportions (meaning when the height is adjusted, the width will adjust accordingly).
  • Follow the rest of the directions above.



Card and Box Details:

Stamps: SU Kind & Caring Thoughts
Paper: SU designer paper, Cool Caribbean
Ink: SU Baja Breeze, Night of Navy
Accessories: Beaded trimming, lace, myscrapchick.com Layered Butterfly file, Cricut Expression, Nestabilities, Dew Drops


If you need more information about my cards/projects, feel free to email me. . .it's hard to explain everything without making my post too long.

Anyway. . .try out the projects . . .although they may not seem like it sometimes, they are really simple to create.

Before I go. . .I'm not sure if I posted this video before, if I did. ..sorry, but I just LOOOOOVE this song. It's a song called "Inside Out" by Seventh Day Slumber. Hillsong originally recorded the song but Seventh Day Slumber version is beautiful too. When they sing this song at church, I don't know, it almost brings me to tears singing and listening to it. . . I can listen to it all day. . .:)

Is there a song that gives you the same feeling? I mean it don't have to be a Christian song. . .any song. Another song that does this to me is the song "Just my Imagination". . .by the Temptations. I don't know, it reminds me of when I was little and my grandparents were still alive. . .it brings back good memories.

Anyway check out the video. . .:) Hope you all have a glorious and blessed Sunday!!




10 comments:

Danni said...

These are amazing! You really rock the 3D projects! I just love that second set!

lisa808 said...

Such cute purses.

Unknown said...

OMG!!! How beautiful Maria!! I absolutely adore your sets. Your choice of papers is inspired!! Gotta give these a try!
Hugs Viv xxx

Scrappinangler said...

You are rockin' these templates! Thanks so much for sharing your time & talents! :) These purses are so cute! :) ~Tori

Little C's Creations said...

Lovely!! You always create the most beautiful things!!! I love "Inside Out" too, and I can listen to it all day too...

God Bless you, Sis!! Have a great week in our Lord!!

Hugs,
Jen

Jodi said...

These are super cute Maria!! I love these boxes and purses!
Hugs
Jodi =)

TRACEY O said...

Absolutely Gorgeous Maria. Thanks for sharing the template. Will have a play with it later.

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Card post on Apr. 24, 2010. Thanks again.

www.cricutcraftyclare.blogspot.com said...

I have a purse obsession! If you have seen my Cricut Dust covers, you would know what I mean! Can't have too many handbags, or beautiful cut files! Thanks!
Clare

Gift Sets said...

The gift sets are very nice. I hope i can have one. Keep posting photos..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |