Saturday, February 27, 2010

Scrap Pile Saturday Challenge #1

Hello Friends! Is your scrap pile growing larger? Is it becoming unmanageable? Well, mine is and it's driving me crazy. I had to do something about it. I decided each Saturday I will create a weekly challenge focusing on using up my scrap card stock, designer paper, and opened packs of embellishments. Do you want to play along?

Okay, here are the rules:

1. Other than your card base, the face of your card MUST be created using ONLY designer paper and card stock from your scrap pile. Do not cut up any new card stock or designer paper.

2. Embellishments added to your card MUST be from "opened" packages. Do not open up a new package or roll of ribbon, brads, buttons, etc.

Here is this week's challenge:

Follow the sketch below and incorporate a butterfly image on to your design.


With both cards I followed the sketch and heat embossed the butterfly images. I adhered the butterflies on to prima flowers to give it a 3D appearance.

I decided to create two cards in different colors. I was going to create more of them because it was fairly easy to create the cards but I wanted to post this challenge sooner than later. . :)

With my pink card, I heat embossed the butterflies using a glittery embossing powder.

Okay. . .if you want to play along, link your card on Mr. Linky below or if you're having problems with Mr. Linky, comment this post with a link to your card. Each week, I'll feature 3 participants in next week's post! You have until Friday to post and link to your blog. The permanent link to Scrap Pile Saturday Challenges will be located at the top of my blog under the label "SPS Challenges" so you can find them easily. Have fun!

Hope y'all have a wonderful crafty Saturday!

Card Details:

Stamps: Unity Stamps Remember Happiness
Paper: Scrap Pile
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: Pebbles, Inc, and Making Memories Ribbons, Embossing Powders, Prima Flowers






7 comments:

Ruthie said...

Brilliant idea - will do my best to play along!

Rx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Brilliant challenge Maria, i have made my card, but wont post it till tomorrow when i can hopefully get a good photo, what a great idea! hugs Linda x

Diane said...

Great idea Maria! I will def try to get something done so I can play!Your cards are gorgeous btw!

SCRAPCRAZY said...

Maria, I am so excited about your new challenge blog!! Your sample cards are so pretty. I had fun with the sketch and I will surely be back next week;D

Hugs,Gina Marie

Cindy Haffner said...

What a fun Challenge, I love y our cards.

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh Marie I am sorry I didn't follow the sketch exact. Please remove me from My Linky.

TRACEY O said...

What a fantastic idea Maria. I had fun playing with the sketch. Can't wait for the next challenge.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |