Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Stampin Up Stipple Gardenia

Hi Friends! Well. . .it's another day of driving my daughter to the university. It hasn't been too bad so far. Yesterday I decided to stop by Jo-Anns. . .it was the smallest JoAnns store I've ever been to. The JoAnns I'm accustomed to is a big super store. Remember I said I was going on a buying freeze well. . .I ended up buying a few stuff. Ugggh! It was out of boredom.

I did buy a book about re-organizing your life. . . .you know . . .de-cluttering your life. I really don't own too many personal things. . .except for my craft stuff. Other than my crafting stuff. . .I'm actually a minimalist. My biggest problem is my accumulation of craft stuff. I can't and I mean I CAN'T seem to rid of the old stuff. Many of them were paid at full price and I would never ever recoup my money if I were to sell them so I hold on to them thinking I'll get around to using all of them one day.

Anyway. . .we'll see if I can follow the book's advise. LOL!

I made this card about a week ago but haven't posted it. I used the SU Stipple Gardenia stamp set for this card. I made another card that I posted a week ago using the same stamp but with a different layout.



I'll post the sketch when I get home from dropping my daughter off to school. Today she'll be catching the bus home so I don't have to hang out on campus.

The drive isn't too bad. . .50 miles don't seem too far after you've driven it several times. It does cut off a good portion of my day to drive my daughter and hang out on campus but I guess that is what parents are for. . .we have to make sacrifices so our children will do well in life. I guess it's worth it.

Anyway. . .I gotta run! It's time to head on out again!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

18 comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Gorgeous! I love the glitter. Beautifully colored too.

I've never been to a JoAnn's superstore, but wished we had one. Ours is the small one and alot of the items shown in the flyers they don't carry.

PURGE girl! Getting rid of things you don't use blesses others and makes you feel good.

Use it as blog candy, bless a daycare with it or sell at a discount and get "something" for it even if it isn't full price.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Maria, i love how you have coloured the rose! Glitter looks great!
So pretty!
Erin x

Teri said...

Maria .... this is just stunning!

Teri xx

Elena said...

Gorgeous card! The flower is so beautiful! Love the sparkles on it!

Ida said...

This is stunning. I just love the colors, paper & stamps you used. Very pretty.

Sheri Gilson said...

Gorgeous card Maria!! I love the colors and all the sparkle!

Good Luck on the decluttering!! I did a major one last year when DH remodeled my room and I had to move everything. The funny part is I went through and got rid of of tons of stuff not that it looks like it and to tell the truth I haven't really missed anything.

Cathy said...

This is so pretty Maria!! I love the colors and papers that you used.

I'm trying to declutter our house as well. Things just seem to gather up over the years. It's amazing really.

Hugs, Cathy

Joy said...

such a fun card! love the flower and how it pops out right at yah! it's so pretty! love the colors! TFS and have a good day!

2 Worlds said...

Gorgeous card, Maria you should do a power walk to kill time, then you would have exercise for the day at least before the winter

Denise said...

Hey Maria,
Another beautiful creation! I love the layout & the dimensionals on that flower. Great color combo. I like to use your layout ideas...

Cami said...

Another beautiful card, Maria. Love the layers and glitter, the gingham checks, your coloring with depth.... aaahhhh, you always do a wonderful job. You don't know how lucky you are to live in CA! You know how in Hawaii we only have a few places to shop for craft supplies! Cami

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Maria! Love it to bits.
THe glitter sets it off a treat.
Follow debbiedee's advice! She makes sense.So much so...I think I'll follow it too.
Viv xx

Norine said...

so pretty as usual love that 3D flower and the DP
Hugs
Norine

Ila said...

I love this Gorgeous card Maria!!..the coloring and glitter just is lovely.
I have a hard time parting with any of my craft materials too...for the same reason. I always think I am going to start scrapbooking and need all this paper...and maybe I will..lol...Hugs, Ila

Risa said...

Your card is gorgeous Maria! I love your rose and the sparkle, very pretty!
hugs
Risa:)

Cheryl KVD said...

This is SO pretty! I love what you did with that flower! The glitter adds so much!

Becky said...

This is beautiful, love the colors and pattern paper.
We have a very small Jo-anns here, no need to worry about spending money there, there is only 2 very small isles of paper crafts.

I always say, save your old stuff, because you will use it sooner or later. :)

Michelle said...

Maria - this is absolutely GORGEOUS - love love love it!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |