Friday, July 3, 2009

Framed Anya

Hi Friends! It's midnight and we just returned to our hotel room after a day at Disneyland. We're staying at Disney's Grand California Resort. I really recommend the Grand California if you have older kids. . .we always stay here whenever we visit Disneyland. It's a very nice hotel. . it's clean and access to Downtown Disney, Disney Adventure Park and the monorail to Disneyland are so convenient. I think it's a lot better situated than Disneyland Resort. Grand California is much more the older kid or adult resort compared to the Disneyland Resort. It's much more quiet too. LOL!

Wow, Disneyland was really nice. . .the crowd wasn't too bad and getting on the rides averaged 15 to 30 minutes. Gosh, if you've never been to Disneyland. . .waiting in line to get on the rides can be a total bummer. The average wait is at least an hour long or more. Hey. . .the Big Thunder is such a fun ride if you ride it at night. . . .not so much during the day. It's a different perspective at night. I've always rode that ride during the day and I always felt it was a a mediocre ride but it felt different riding it at night. What is your favorite ride at Disneyland? I love "Space Mountain". I could ride it over and over.

Anyway. . .now to my card. Tuesday was my last day as a designer at the Greeting Farm. I had so much fun being a DT at the Greeting Farm. I'll miss being a designer but that doesn't mean I'll stop using their stamps. I love the Greeting Farm images. It's funny because I've never heard of the Greeting Farm up until 4 months ago. Where have I been, huh?

Well I decided to create a card using Dress Me and Wardrobe 2 set. I was playing around with my Nestabilities die and created the frame using two different size of the same die shape. It's an easy way to create a frame around your image. I mounted the frame using foam tape to give it a 3D appearance around the image. The designer papers on my card are by the Greeting Farm also.

I'm sorry I can't visit your blogs and say hello. I don't have much time to visit. I'll resume my blurfing when I return home from my Disney vacation on Sunday.

I don't have any pictures to share of my day at Disney. . .I decided to leave my camera in the hotel room today because I always bring my camera and sometimes it can be a pain to carry it around. I'll bring it with me tomorrow and take a few pictures.

I hope you all have a wonderful Friday!!!

27 comments:

BRIGITTE FROM AUSTRALIA said...

Heyy Maria !!
oh my goshh i haven't been visiting for sooooo long and coming back to see you, wowww there are always sooo many beaudiful things to look at :) well done !!

craftimamma said...

Hi Maria,

I have been visiting your lovely blog for quite a while now but not commented before.

You really do make some fabulous things and this lovely card is no exception.

Your chat about your day in Disneyland has set me longing for my hols in November. We are coming out to Orlando then from the UK, with our son and daughter, their partners and their two baby (well tiny tots) daughters. It will be our 6th visit but the 1st with the little ones and I can't wait to see their faces when they see The Magic Kingdom.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Norine said...

so cute and love the rich colors
Hugs
Norine

Elena said...

So glad you have a great time at Disneyland, Maria!
Love your idea with a frame! So beautiful!

Unknown said...

wow what an amazing work, maria, looks so fabulous and great ... love all the fine details.
have a nice weekend, hugs, bea

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Cute card Maria, love the image and the pretty appers and colour scheme. Hope you have a great weekend. Hugs Nikki x

Danni said...

So glad you're having fun!!
Adorable Anya!

Sheri Gilson said...

Great card Maria! I love the colors and the nestie frame. Enjoy your Disney vacation! :D

Unknown said...

I love disney!
we went to california adventure in april too, and the lines completely different from last year for sure!
didnt wait that long either.

WickedPixie said...

Maria, you have been an inspiration with your gorgeous creations as part of the DT and with your fun-to-read blog! I will still look forward to seeing what you do each day! :-) Traci

Cami said...

Another lovely card, Maria. Your creativity just flows and flows. I know TGF will definitely miss having you on the team because you bring "life" to their images! You have done very well and in fact, any image you have forms "character" with your creative mind! Love all your interpretations. Hugs, Cami

Unknown said...

This is so cute, Maria! You always make such beautiful creations. Yes, The Greeting Farm images are super adorable. Totally agree. I just recently discovered them and got a couple of digi images. Unfortunately, I don't have any regulr stamps yet. The ones I really want are out of stock. :(
I haven't been to Disneyland in ages. I will probably be going there often once my babies are a little older. I am glad you are having a great time.
Kim

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Maria. Love the cute image and the beautiful colouring also. Hope you have a fabulous 4th July weekend. Hugs Michele x

retiredheather said...

This is a wonderful card Maria. I love the colors you choose and the frame is just perfect. This really should be framed for the wall. wonderful
Hugs
Heathaer

CreativeMish said...

Sounds like you're having a fabulous time !!! Love your card and the way you framed her. Too bad you're no longer on the design team! You did a fabulous job with all of your creations!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous card as always! I loved every single DT cards of yours... and hopefully you will still use these cute images in the future. :o)

Dawn Easton said...

So cute Maria! Sounds like you all are having a wonderful time!! My sister is at Disney right now too...lol

Becky said...

This is beautiful Maria, love the frame you created to put her in, and the colors are rich, and wonderful details.
Glad you had fun at Disney. I lived in Fla for 2 years and I never been there :).

Tina said...

hey there

glad to hear you are having fun at disneyland - fun timed for sure.

once again you made an amazing card - love your detail and coloring...

happy 4th
tina

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Oh wow, realy love all the red!! Super cool card again.

Sunny regards, Renata

Christine said...

What a lovely card. It is gorgeous like all of the other cards you have made for The Greeting Farm. You have been such an asset to their design team. I look forward to seeing more of your cards with stamps from The Greeting Farm and others. You do beautiful work!!
xoxo, Christine

Gram E. Bear said...

Just getting around to blog today. Started at the bottom of my list since I don't make it all the way through. Beautiful card, as usual, Maria. Great idea to create your own frame. Did you use liquid pearls around the frame?

You'll be enjoying all the fireworks at Disneyland tonight. Happy 4th.. ..{{{hugs}}}

Sandra said...

Hi Maria,hope your having a great July 4th weekend!! I see you've been very busy.....your card(cards) is gorgeous and the colors are perfect!!
Hugs Sandy

Debra said...

Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip. Can you take a picture of the castle? Is there actually anything in there?

Michele Spera said...

Hi Maria
I love what you did with your card! The nesties layers are really nice with the image! Love it:-)
I hope you've had a wonderful trip to Disneyland! We are the Disney World buffs who stay at the Polynesian when we go and I can't wait till our trip in August:-)
XMicheleX

Randi said...

Gorgeous Maria!! I love the unique shapes you used!! Those little gold dots are amazing!!! So cute!!

I love the Grand!! It is so comfy, cozy inside. I wish I LIVED there!! ;o)

I am glad you had a good time!!

Risa said...

Your card is beautiful Maria! Anya is stunning surrounded by the frame...I love it!
hugs
Risa:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |