Monday, July 20, 2009

Christmas Stampin All Year Long and Stamp With Fun Challenge


Hi Friends! My goal this week is to be less of a slacker! Right before I was going to bed last night, I realized that today was Christmas Stampin All Year Long Challenge and I had forgotten to make my card! Ugggh! So. . .late last night, I stayed up late making my card! Ugggh!!

I didn't realize yesterday was Sunday. . .do you go through days when you don't even know what day it is because time is flying quickly? Well, it's been that way with me lately.

Anyway. . .it's my week to host this week's challenge at Christmas Stampin All Year Long Challenge. . .and my challenge is a sketch! Duh. . .that's not very surprising, huh? LOL!



Here is Ms. Tilda carrying her Christmas gifts for you. Isn't she adorable? I decided to paper piece her dress. . .how fun!! I haven't paper pieced my images for a while now so I decided it's time that I do! I colored the rest of Tilda with my Copic Markers.

My card is actually a "jacket". . .and I was suppose to add an insert but well, it was late and I wanted to go to bed. My plan is to add an insert before I send this card out.

With my sketch you can also create a "gate fold" card or just a regular card. The sketch is very versatile.







Hope you'll play along in this week's challenge! We'd love to see your fabulous card! Be sure to stop by Christmas Stampin All Year Long Challenge site and check out the gorgeous cards the design team created!

Scroll down to check out the Stamp With Fun Challenge card I created. I'm the guest designer this week!

Card Details:

Stamps: Tilda
Paper: SU DSP, SU Old Olive, Real Red
Ink: Copic Markers

Accessories: Nestabilities, Fiskar Scallop Scissors, SU 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, DeJa View Brads



Hey, guess what! I'm a guest designer this week for Stamp With Fun Challenge site!! Whoohoo! I created a sketch for this week's challenge!!

If you play in this week's challenge, you may be chosen to become a guest designer for 2 weeks! Whoohoo! How fun so be sure to stop by Stamp With Fun and play along in the challenge.





I think I was suppose to use a "cute" stamp for the challenge. I guess my butterfly is cute enough, huh? I only realized after I made my card that I was suppose to use a "cute" style of stamp for the challenge.

Anyway. . .I used my SU Simple Friendship stamp set. . .it's becoming one of my favorite Stampin Up stamp set. I heat embossed the butterfly and added a bit of Scribbles Iridescent Paint to the center of the butterfly.













Be sure to stop by Stamp With Fun and check out the gorgeous cards created by the design team!!

Hope you all have a wonderful Monday!!

Card Details:

Stamps: Stampin Up Simple Friendship
Paper: CTMH designer paper, SU Real Red, Beige (?)
Ink: Versamark
Accessoreis: Nestabilities, SU Rhinestone brads, Organdy Ribbon,

38 comments:

Sheri Gilson said...

WOW Maria~both cards are AMAZING!

WickedPixie said...

Those are both such beautiful cards! And I love your sketch! :-) Traci

Cathy said...

These are stunning!! The colors and the coloring is beautiful!! Great job!! Hugs,Cathy

Becky said...

WOW..Great sketches and awesome cards, love how you paper pieced her dress, and the second one is just gorgeous, love the design and colors.

Cindy Haffner said...

Lovin all the layers, so delightful to look at. Hugs Cindy

de said...

Beautiful Maria! I really love the 2nd one and I'm not a big butterfly person but it's really pretty!

Taken any pictures? I took a couple and posted on my blog. I wasn't able to go out this weekend but made due at home. I'm going to try to do the other 2 some place BESIDES my back yard! LOL.

2 Worlds said...

Loved the strong colors

Anonymous said...

OMG maria wath for great sketch and wonderful cards !!! thanks for your sketch !!!! love it !!!!
big hugs
tina46

Michelle Alejandro said...

These cards are stunning! Love all the detail and embellishments!

Tenia Nelson said...

Both cards are awesome, Maria!! tfs!!

Anonymous said...

Wow stunning cards Maria!
I love your colour combos! Gorgeous!
Erin x

Michelle said...

Amazing card and you made it at the last minute - YOU ROCK!! Love the butterfly card too! Thanks for the wonderful sketch this week - I had a great time using it!!

Kristine said...

OUCH!! **your gorgeous creations knocked me outta my chair!!** lol!! LOVE LOVE LOVE both of these Maria!! I'm so glad you BLOG!! lol I always know where to come for awesome sketches and wonderful inspiration!! Beautiful job on these.

Gail said...

Wow! great cards! Thanks for showing the details of your layering! xoxo

Sue from Oregon said...

Both these cards are truly amazing!

doris said...

OMG... "Beautiful cards"... Wow!!!

Hugs
Doris xx

Denise said...

Maria,

These cards are so BEAUTIFUL!! I love the way You do your layout & layering, & dimensionals. You inspire me more each day! I need to "case" these ideas. Take care & have a nice week.
Hugs~

Risa said...

Wow...both of your card are beautiful Maria! Your Christmas card is awesome and the detailing rocks!!
Congrats on your guest DT position! Your cards are amazing and you are very deserving.
hugs
Risa:)

Cami said...

Maria, I LOVE these two cards! That Christmas Tilda is so precious and you really bring out the Christmas spirit with your colors! Congrats on your sketch for the Stamp 4 Fun challenge! Wonderful sketch and your cards is just gorgeous. Love that black/white and red! Cami

Beth Norman said...

Congratulations on being guest designer. Your work is always so wonderful. These two cards are stunning.

Anonymous said...

These are wonderful Maria, great sketches I can't wait to play along.
Barbara

Joy said...

congrats on the stamp with fun challenge! love the cards as they are always so full of life and color! I love the butterfly and the flowers! love the Christmas card too! you do such awesome work! love that RED...it makes everything all the more rich!

Dawn Easton said...

Wowzers, girl! Both cards are FABULOUS! Love all your little details and you always have such wonderful layouts! Thanks for always sharing them!

Norine said...

of course love them both
Congrats on being a guest DP you deserve it
love the xmas card and yes I think the butterfly card could be cute and yet pretty LOL love it
Hugs
Norine

Alex said...

Beautiful cards, love the Magnolia one and superb paper piecing.

Thanks for sharing.

Alex from England x

Tina said...

maria

Hi - I had tat same exact thing happen to me - only I remembered whatday it was yesterday morning...my apologies for not getting my card in - tons of family were over visiting my mom and I was Hostess.

Your card is beautiful - love all that goes on in your card.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Maria, both cards are lovely! I still need to get mine done!

Ida said...

Fantastic cards. WOW!!!

Shelly said...

Both cards are absolutely gorgeous, Maria. The coloring, the embellishments, the sketches....everything is awesome!

Busym1 said...

I must say, your creations are quite amazing! So glad I visit! Thank you for the inspiration! hugs, michelle

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Love both layouts and the colorscheme of the butterfly card. I adore the paperpiecing dress of the little Tilda.

Hugs, Renata

Elena said...

Your Christmas card is gorgeous! I love the paper piercing you made! And the sentiment is so cute!
Congratulations on the Guest DT! Very beautiful sketch and stunning card, Maria!

Marcia said...

Great cards! I want to get one!

inlovestamping said...

I love both cards, beautiful work once again!!!

America said...

OOh, both of your 2 cards are striking sketches and the vibrant looking colors make these really beautiful!! Know what you mean about archiving photos! I still have years of photos on my computers that have not been backed up to CD/DVDs, so thanks for the reminder/inspiration.

CreativeMish said...

What a beautiful butterfly card! great template!

Lise Roy said...

wOW!
I LOOOOVE this elegant card.
Gorgeous!
Will have to try this sketch one day...

Anonymous said...

Maria, I just came across your blog and LOVE your little pieces of art! You have such an eye for color.I just subscribed to your posts. You are a very talented lady!
~Pam
http://stampsinc.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |