Saturday, April 11, 2009

InStyle Stamps Jax and January Sketches 2009 Compilation

Hello Friends!! Hey, I'm sorry I haven't visited your blogs for the past few days. I try but I can't get to everyone that I normally say hello to. I've been busy. . . .doing what, Maria? Don't laugh. Well, I've been busy reading the last installment of the Twilight book series! LOL!

My husband thinks it's funny . . .he said "wow, I'm impressed, aren't you on your 4th book and you read all of them within 2 weeks? Yeah, so what. . .what is so shocking about that? He's like . . .and all it took was a teenage book about Vampires. Actually, it is shocking considering I think I've read more books in the past 2 weeks than I've had in the last year. LOL! Once I get started on something, I sort of go into this addictive state. . . .that is until I burn myself out. Yeah, it's the story of my life. But, I actually found that I enjoyed reading a "real" book.

Reading isn't what is abnormal for me. . . I typically read before I go to bed but not "real" books. . .normally, I read a craft book, craft magazine, camera/Photoshop book, or trash magazine. Yeah, I'm a trash/entertainment magazine reader. My husband got me subscriptions for Us, People, the Enquirer, Scrapbook Etc., and Star. He thinks it's hilarious but hey, why did he get me the subscription? Isn't he feeding my trash/gossip obsession? Hello!

Well. . .I decided to start a "Book Club" online/blog and I'm calling for members who would want to join my book club. Scroll down below and check out the details. I would love for you to join. . .I think it'll be fun to sort of discuss a good book. It would be nice if we all could get together in person but well, we can't so the next best thing is to do it online. Why not join. . .it can't hurt to read, right?

Okay now on to my card! This cool dude is InStyle Stamps "Jax". If you know me by now, masculine cards are not my forte. I almost forgot I was creating a boy card and started to add frilly stuff. It's a good thing I stopped myself in time! LOL!!

I colored Jax with my Copic Markers, cut the image out, and remounted the shirt and hair with foam tape. I just love doing that! I don't even mind all the cutting that I have to do. When I cut images, I sort of go into a trance while listening to music. It's sorta therapeutic. LOL!

Anyway, stop by InStyle stamps and check out all their cute stamps. They've got lots of them!!


Hope y'all have a wonderful Easter tomorrow!!

Card Details:

Stamps: InStyle Stamps Jax, Inkadinkado
Paper: SU cool Caribbean, Basic Black, DCWV desginer paper
Ink: Copic Markers, Sakura gel pen
Accessories: Fiskar Scallop Scissors, Sticko stickers, SU Key Tag Punch, Coluzzle Oval template










With the tutorial below, if you want to print it, click on the drop menu that is labeled "more". It'll give you the option to print as well as save the document. You may view a full page of the tutorial by clicking on the icon to the very top right corner. It'll open up a new window with the tutorial. If you just want to enlarge directly on the blog, click on the + button or the magnifying glass! Scroll down the page by sliding the scroll bar to the right of the tutorial. Anyway, try the tutorial out when you have a chance


January Sketches 2009 Compilation





21 comments:

de said...

Love this card! So masculine SO hard to find masculine card ideas! Thanks for sharing!

Woman, are you crazy starting a new blog?! I think you and Jen are from the same mold!!! :-) I don't know how either one of you do it!

I'd love to join the bookclub, but can't right now because of school (unless the first couple books are math related! LOL). After class is over, I may be back to join!

Danni said...

Glad you're enjoying some reading time! Another wonderful creation!! Such a great "boy" card!
Enjoy your Easter!!

Kyoko said...

Hi Maria! OMG you Jax card ROCKS! Your creations are such an inspiration! HAPPY EASTER!

WickedPixie said...

Very Cool boy card! I love the city in the background, plus that image is the coolest!

Have you heard of the Sookie Stackhouse novels? The first one is called Dead Until Dark - they are a modern, Southern Vampire series (HBO has made a tv show out of the first book - the show is more risque than the books.) I really like them (and the first few Anita Blake vampire books - Guilty Pleasures is the first - are a lot of fun but they go downhill around the 4th or 5th) Just my 2 cents...:-) Traci

Cheryl Walker said...

Maria I love this card!!! You did an Awesome job on the coloring and I love all the details on this tooo :)

Hope you have a Wonderful Easter hun!!!

Hugs,
Cheryl

Jodi said...

Great card, Love the way you colored and mounted your image!
Happy Easter!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Sharon said...

Great card Maria, Jax is a great image for the boys.
I'm like you just used to read trashy stuff but I saw the film , the Golden Compass and really got into the Phillip Pulman books. I read the triology and then 2 add on books and now I'm waiting for his new one which has been in the writing for almost 2 years!!! I know it will be worth the wait though!

Diane said...

Jax is so cool!!! Great card as always Maria!!
I'm not much of a book reader,but glad you're enjoying it!
Happy Easter to you and your family!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh I love the road and buildings! The scene that you have here is amazing for this super cute boy image Maria!!!

Hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter!

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your masculine card Maria so fun. I have trouble with putting girly things on them tooo. Great colors as always.

Good luck with your book club, i just don't take enough time to read, not enough hours in the day. I do read in the evenings, but end up falling asleep after 2 pages..... takes awhile to read a book 2 pages a day. Hee hee!!

Happy Easter to you and your family.

2 Worlds said...

Maria you're funny, but I can't stand this gossip magazines.
I think i will end up reading this vampire book, so much people talk about.
Great coloring
Jana

Elena said...

Adorable card!!! Love, love the fun layout and amazing coloring!
I heard so many things about this book... So I just ordered it at the library!

Mariska said...

Wow this card is cool!! I love the cute image with the spunky hair and the colour combo and little details on this card are just genious!! I hope you are having a wonderful easter weekend!!

xxx
Mariska

kadie said...

FANTASTIC layout! WOW!! I love your additions of the cityscape. This is just awesome!! And of course your coloring is superb as well! :) Wow! Happy Easter!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

What fabulous images Maria and your colouring is fabulous, Sorry I haven't been to visit much this week, I hope your having a great bank holiday weekend, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Cami said...

What can I say? This is so darn cute, this little boy with "fashionable" hair! You're great at making "boy" cards and I just can't think of how to embellish them but you do! Great coloring and paper piecing. Yes, cutting them out is "therapeutic" for me also. Another blog? Maria, you really have more than 24 hours/day in your world! Easter Blessings to you and your family! Hugs, Cami

Vicky said...

This is adorable, Maria! A perfect masculine card! I find those hard to make too, but you really nailed this one!

Tina said...

I love this card - where is that border of the city from - super cool...you are awesome at coloring - teach some classes and I will be there...

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Love your card Maria. I love the colors.

Heather Schlatter said...

Hey Maria,

Wow wow wow this turned out so super cute!! I love the colors and the layout and your coloring totally rocks!!! Wow amazing my friend and I love the paper choices too!!

Heather

Janna said...

Adorable and completely fun! Such a perfect boy card with the great image and the football and helmut! I love your background as well! everything works perfectly together!

And I have to agree about books. I go in waves where all I want to do is read and then other times it takes me months to finish a book. But I am right there with you about the trash magazines! Love them!

Smiles,
janna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |