Thursday, June 26, 2008

I Messed Up My Card Again


Good Morning Everyone! Ooops, I did it again! Yup! I messed up my card, AGAIN. What did you do, Maria? What now? Well, I had inked a flower stamp with the intention of stamping the flower image on the background of my card and in the process I was interrupted. I placed the inked stamp face up and was shuffling stuff on my craft table. My already colored image (the girl) fell right on top of my inked stamp. I picked it up and it was all inked up with the flower image. ARGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!! Double ARGGGGHHHH!

I think it would have been okay if only her dress was inked but her face was inked up with the flower image too! The arms and the dress were also inked up but that was easy to color over. To salvage the image, I colored over the face with a Copic Blender pen . . .that didn't work. I then colored over it with a flesh tone Copic marker. That didn't work. The flower image still showed on her face. . .I kept coloring her face with the Copic marker in hopes that it'll eventually remove or obscure the flower image on her face.

I finally got most of the ink off her face but it resulted with her face sort of discolored and darker than I actually wanted it to be. I need to fix it a little more because the upper half of her face is darker than the bottom half. Luckily, the flower image no longer show on her face.

Why, why do these things happen? Overall, it turned out okay in the end but at one point, I thought of throwing the girl image out and start all over again. But, like most things in life. . .it can be fixed if you don't give up.

Card Detail:

Stamp: CTMH, Inkadinkado,
Paper: SU Pretty in Pink, Close to Cocoa, DCWV glitter stack
Ink: Copic Markers, Tsuneko Dew Drops, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Pebbles Inc. ribbon, 1 1/4 x 1 3/8" ribbon
post signature

5 comments:

2 Worlds said...

if you didnt say we wouldnt know

retiredheather said...

If only my mistakes turned out so bad.
Retired Heather

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Love how you've stamped the silhouette flowers behind the figure and the colours they're in. Super original and beautiful! :0)

Rita said...

You did a great job salvaging this image, if you didn't tell us I never would have noticed. I still can't tell. Luv this image & card!

Sankari W. said...

i never even saw any of that at all - your card is beautiful - as always!!!!
best wishes
sankari

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |