Sunday, September 16, 2007

Daily Special - Retired Stamp Set

Mission accomplished!! I finished off this swap. I just have one more to make and I'm done and no more swaps to complete. Not that it's a reason to celebrate because I love swapping but I've been so behind and it's just a relief to actually say I've finished all of them.

Just another card using the "Fishy Friends" stamp set which is retired. It's such a cute set. Luckily, the Crab & Co stamp set is still current and is on the "dormant" list meaning you're still able to purchase a few sets from last year's catalog and mini catalog but it's not currently on the new catalog. If you want to know which ones are on the dormant list, just email me.

So with that being said, no need to fret if you still want to purchase the crabby images. There's a still a few "fishy" type of sets on the new catalog such as "Silly Sealife" and "Whale Wishes" which I'm planning to purchase one day . . .hopefully, sooner or later. I wish I had a ton of money and I can buy everything at once but that's not going to happen so I have to prioritize. What's on your wish list?

Card Details:

Stamp Sets: Fishy Friends, Crab & Co.
Ink: Prismacolor Markers and pencils with Gamsol, Basic Black
Paper: True Thyme, Cranberry Crisp, Creamy Caramel, DCWV Fall Stack
Accessories: Cuttlebug Tag die cut, Craft Robo Scallop Circle, Hemp cord, Grosgrain Ribbon, Slit Punch, Horizontal Slot Punch



Good Morning Everyone. . .today's Daily Special is "Retired Stamp Set". . .not really a special but there was a time when it was my Daily Special because I had more current sets available to use. Now that I have to rebuild my current stamp set collection, my Daily Special should be "Current Stamp Set" rather than "Retired Stamp Set".

There was a time when each day I would have a different Daily Special such as Anything But Cards, Shapes, Techniques, Tutorials but due to time constraints I haven't been able to follow a schedule. Hopefully, I'll be able to go back to what I was doing but for now, I'll squeeze whatever creation I can manage.

This card is just a simple card I made for a swap. I decided that I'm going to hold off on swapping for awhile. I've been behind and I feel a little bad about it. I don't like being unreliable but I think I sort of participated in too many things and realized later after committing to them, I really didn't have the time I thought I had.

Stamping tip: If you don't have a button readily available, just create a faux button with a circle, square or oval punch and use the "Double Circle" punch to create the holes. It looks like a real button from a distance. The design concept is still there regardless if you use a real button or create a faux button. The button on this card was created using a 1" circle punch and the double circle punch and I tied a ribbon through out it. I think it's a great embellishment for your card design.





Card Details:
Stamp Sets: Fishy Friends, Warm Words
Ink: Prismacolor Markers, Bordering Blue
Paper: Apricot Appeal, Gable Green, DCWV Scrapbook Paper
Accessories: Craft Robo (Circle Scallop), 1 inch punch, Double Circle Punch, Fiskar's "Cloud" Scissors, Organdy Riboon, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Stickles glitter

1 comment:

Jean McKenzie said...

Maria, As usual these cards are gorgeous!! I love Fishy Friends and it is current in our Aussie catalogue. Crab and Co is in our new Spring Mini. I have used Fishy Friends just so much.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |