Sunday, February 18, 2007

Family Sunday - Keiki Cards Day

As a family we decided to spend our time making cards every Sunday to donate to Keiki Cards. Each get-together I would teach a technique and my kids and husband each create a card. Last week's technique was Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol. I decided it was best to use the same image to teach this technique. I think they did a wonderful job! Because they are absolute newbies, I needed to make the cards as simple as possible. We used patterned paper for the background and attached ribbons as embellishments.







From left to right: My card, my husband's, my son's, and my daughter's cards.

Below are pictures of today's Family Sunday and the cards we made. The technique I taught was "Resist Embossing". I had my husband and my kids choose a color theme and choose the stamps they wanted to use. Again, the cards had to be simple because like I said, they are still newbies. I told them when they've learned enough techniques they can begin creating cards using what ever technique and style they want.


My card is on the left and my husband's to the right.



My daughter created the card on the left and my son on the right.
Here are pictures of my family each making their cards. We had a lot of fun and they are really enjoying making the cards. My daughter was so proud of her card that she was smiling from ear to ear when she completed it. I'm glad the cards are going to a great cause but also, that we all are doing something together and having fun doing it.






Until later. . .

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is one of the nicest family time gatherings that I have seen or heard about. Your children will never forget the time you spend together doing things. What a nice memory you are creating!!!

Sonya said...

What a crafty family you are!! You all did a beautiful job on the cards!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |