Friday, February 9, 2007

Daily Special - Technique Day - Lumiere and Classic Ink

Today's Daily Special is Technique Day. As promised yesterday, today's technique is Lumiere and Classic Ink. I'm sure there's an official name for this technique and I'm not the first to do this but if someone could enlighten me as to the name of it, I'd appreciate it.


The other day, I stopped by JoAnn's and I stumbled across a section of metallic acrylics that came in a refill bottle in sets of 12.

These acrylic paints are made by Jacquard and are called Lumiere acrylics. They also come in larger jars but I decided to buy 3 sets of smaller bottles in sets of 12 various colors. Each set comes in 12 refill bottle sizes and cost $12.99.

Stampin' Up sells Lumiere Pearl White in 2.25 fl oz. jar but don't carry the other colors.
The result of mixing Lumiere Pearl White and Classic Inks is pearlized shimmery color that can be used to color in your images or create pretty backgrounds. There are other ways to create this shimmery effect but that will be covered on another tutorial.

Click Here to view the Tutorial or click on the title of this post.

Try it out and have fun stamping!

Until later


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |