Thursday, February 15, 2007

Daily Special - Sketch Challenge

It's a sketch challenge again! Actually two of them. I made a bunch of cards using the "Heartfelt Thanks" set. The technique I used to create this card is "masking". I'm sure most of you know this technique but for those who don't, I'll do a tutorial sometime soon.

I drew my own leaves. It looked rather plain without leaves and unfortunately, there were no leaves on the stamp so once again, I needed to improvise.

I embossed the background with the Cuttlebug Embossing Folder and rubbed dye ink over it. I can't remember what color combo I used to make this card. I believe it was Always Artichoke, Close to Cocoa, and Pumpkin Pie. I used the same Classic inks to ink the image. Don't forget to scroll down for the second card. Enjoy the sketch challenges!










Again, I used "Heartfelt Thanks" to create this card. This time I used the color combo Lavender Lace, Old Olive and Eggplant Envy. I used the same technique as the previous card. . .which is "masking". As much as I love the image, I sometimes don't like dealing with the two-step rubber stamps. It can be annoying when the images don't line up exact.

I like this rubber stamp set. I think the images are very elegant. Don't you think so?

Anyway. . . try out the sketches when you have the chance. I do them because I think they are helpful. I love sketches. The sketches on my blog site are my own unless otherwise stated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love what you did with this challenge. The cards are beautiful. I really think the color combos make them.
Shelley

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |