Thursday, February 1, 2007

Daily Special - Dollar Days - Candle Cover


Today's Daily Special is Dollar Days - Candle Cover. Like I said on one of my previous post, I had bought a bunch of $1 items with the purpose of using them for projects.
One of the items was a $1 candle and I removed the original plastic cover and decided to create my own.
This is what I came up with. I'm not sure if the paper would be a safe thing to have near a candle, therefore, this candle is basically a decorative piece. I would advise anyone planning to light the candle, to remove the cover.
I really had fun making this candle cover. I only bought one candle because I didn't want to commit myself to a bunch of them without testing out how it would turn out.
After creating the cover, I decided I'm going to go back to the dollar store and buy more of them. To create this really do not involve any real technique but I'll provide the step by step instructions in the case there's any confusion as to how it was created.
Candle Cover instructions:
Materials are dependent on the size of your candle so I won't give measurements:
Candle
Scrapbook paper
Cardstock
Ribbon
Adhesive
Rubber stamps of your choice
Instructions:
  • Measure the height and diameter of your candle.
  • Cut your scrapbook paper based on the height and diameter of the candle and add 1/2 inch to the diameter
  • Wrap the scrapbook paper around the candle and apply adhesive to the 1/2 inch extra length of the diameter of the candle
  • Cut a 1/2 inch strip height of cardstock and the same length of the scrapbook paper
  • Wrap it around the top area of the candle and line the end piece with the end piece of the scrapbook paper so that it appears that the line is uniformed with the scrapbook paper.
  • Wrap a ribbon around the cardstock.
  • Stamp your chosen images on to regular white cardstock and color in your images as desired
  • Glue the images on to the wrapped scrapbook paper
I didn't add a sentiment because if I were to give this away, I would wrap it in a cellophane bag and tie a ribbon and tag on the bag instead.
Candle details:
Stamp set: In Full Bloom
Paper: Pretty in pink cardstock, white glossy cardstock, Provocraft scrapbook paper
Ink: Stazon jet black, pastel, markers
Accessories: Making Memories flower ribbon
Try it out and see how much fun you'll have creating this candle cover.
Until later. . .

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |